Popular Posts

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Baudrillard for Bella






There exists, between people in love, a kind of capital held by each. This is not just a stock of affects or pleasure, but also the possibility of playing double or quits with the share you hold in the other's heart  _ Jean Baudrillard


(Jean Baudrillard (b. 1929), French semiologist. Cool Memories, ch. 3 (1987, trans. 1990).) 
Read more quotations about / on: heartpeoplelove
   



And Bella in New Moon page 216:

Even more, I had never meant to love him. One thing I truly knew_ knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest_was how love gave someone the power to break you......I'd been broken beyond repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind to each other even when you disagree.